Find great places to stay, eat, shop in Paris France
Eiffel Tower Paris France
To mark the 100th year of the World’s Fair, Paris wanted to create a unique and astounding structure and that was the famous Eiffel Tower.
Details about Eiffel Tower
- The tower is 324 metres (1,063 feet) tall. Its base is square, measuring 125 metres (410 feet) on each side.
- The tower has three levels for visitors.
- The top level’s upper platform is 276 meters (906 feet) above the ground – the highest observation deck accessible to the public in the European Union.
- Tickets can be purchased to ascend by stairs or lift (elevator) to the first and second levels.
- The climb from ground level to the first level is over 300 steps, as is the climb from the first level to the second.
- There is a see-through floor at the first level.
- Dining and shopping can be done at Eiffel Tower.
- Rest Rooms are available at Ground floor, Second floor and Third floor.
- The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited paid monument in the world; 6.91 million people ascended it in 2015.
- The Eiffel Tower attracts 6.5 to 7.5 million visitors a year.
Location of Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower is located in Champ de Mars (a large public green space), Paris, France.
Climate at Eiffel Tower
- The average temperature of Paris is about 11,5°C and in summer the average temperature raises until 20°C. The average temperature in the winter of Paris is about 7 degrees Celsius.
- Summer falls during the months of June, July, August and September at Paris.
- On average, the warmest month is July.
- January to March months is the coolest month at Eiffel Tower, Paris.
Favorite time / When to visit Eiffel Tower
Morning or Evening, summer or winter any time you can visit Eiffel Tower, but take below given visiting hours into consideration.
Eiffel Tower visiting hours
- During mid-June to early September visiting hours start from 9 a.m. and ends at midnight.
- Rest of the year visiting hours starts at 9:30 a.m. and open till 11 p.m.
- At Easter weekend and during the spring holidays visiting hours are extended till midnight.
When not to visit Eiffel Tower / Eiffel Tower Closed
There is no holiday or closing day for this tourist attraction. For visiting hours kindly refer above Eiffel Tower visiting hours
Entry Fees to visit Tourist place – Eiffel Tower
- Try to buy online tickets before your visits else you may be spending 30 minutes to 2 hours standing on a long queue to buy tickets.
- Stair entrance tickets are not sold online.
- Elevator tickets can be purchased online for 2nd and 3rd floor. These tickets can be used to get access to first floor.
- If needed you can buy tickets for 3rd floor at 2nd floor.
- At Eiffel Tower you get reduced rate for 4 to 11 years children.
- Reduced rate for disabled persons and to persons accompanying disabled people can be availed at this tourist location.
- It is free for children under 4 years who visit Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel Tower at Night
After dark, every day the tower will be covered with golden lights with the help of 336 light projectors. Eiffel Tower’s beam lights directed from the bottom towards the top illuminate the Eiffel Tower from the inside of its structure. The entire tower is cloaked with 20,000 sparkling strobe lights. Every hour, 5 whole minutes on the hour, the tower lights will sparkle.
Is taking pictures of the iconic Eiffel Tower at night is illegal?
Yes, a ban has been in place for a while now to take pictures of Eiffel Tower at night. Taking pictures and sharing in social media without permission is illegal and punishable by a massive fine.
Hotels, Spas and Restaurants near Eiffel Tower
Will visiting tourist places alone fulfill our tour? A Big No is our answer. A fine stay in a good hotel, tasting the local famous foods and having a mind and body relaxation in a Spa will fulfill our entire tour goal. There are hotels, Spas and Restaurants near Eiffel Tower. Plan your trip. Happy tour wishes from GlobalTouristSpots Team.