Find great places to stay, eat, shop in Beijing China
Great Wall of China Beijing
The facts about Great Wall of China:
- It is one of the greatest world wonders and the UNESCO listed it as a world heritage in the year of 1987.
- The average wall’s height is 25.6 feet and the highest wall is 46 feet
- 21.3 feet is the average width of the Great Wall of China
- More than 1,000, 000 laborers had worked to construct such a historical monument
- This wall spans across Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shandong, Henan, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Gansu, Ningxia, Qinghai, and Xinjiang, in north china.
- 50 million visitors visit this place every year and more than 460 state heads and other VIPs had visited it.
- 1/3rd of the wall has washed out.
- It earned the another name as the longest cemetery in the world
- With the help of gunpowder, Chinese defended the great wall
- The Great Wall of China was the finishing spot of cycle race in the 2008 Olympics
- The Republic of China and the Empire of Japan had a last fight here in the year of 1938
Choose your best time to visit the Great Wall of China:
The best time to visit this place is spring and autumn seasons, especially May, September or early October. This time would be with brisk, sunny temperature, makes the tourists more comfortable. November to April is always with freezing cold, biting winds. However, from June to August most of the tourists visit here in full swing.
The tourists may better avoid hiking the wall during weekends, public holidays, especially May 1-3 and October 1-7 are public holidays in China. Better you may choose the weekdays to walk on the wall.
The top places to visit in the Great Wall of China:
Badaling Great Wall:
It is the most preserved and visited section in the Great Wall of China. It is situated 80 km from Northwest Beijing takes 2 hours drive. This place will be a full crowd in the summer season. 40 Chinese Yuan is collected between November to March whereas 45 Chinese Yuan is charged from April to October. Cable cars, Great Wall Museum, circular-screen cinema, and some wheelchair access facilities are available in Badaling Great wall.
Mutianyu Great Wall:
It is 73 Km from Beijing and takes 1.30 hours drive. It has unique designs with watchtowers and fortresses that are densely spaced along its length. First Lady Mrs. Michelle Obama visited the place. Hiking and sightseeing are the major activities here. Cable cars up/down and cart railway down are the available facilities here. Mutianyu will be with huge crowds in the summer season. So it is better to visit the place in off-season peacefully. 45 Yuan for adults and 25 Yuan for kids under 12 years old are the charges.
Jiankou Great Wall:
This location is very nigh to Mutianyu section. Jiankou means “Arrow Nock” and it offers the most spectacular landscapes and is the best place for photographers to click. The wall is steep which makes it more dangerous. It is completely original, wild, and untouched; some sections are really steep and perilous. No facilities are here for hiking. There is no any official charge for this wall; however, the local villagers might charge you 10 or 15 Yuan.
Huanghuacheng Great Wall, Huangyaguan Great Wall, Shanhaiguan Great Wall, Yanmenguan Great Wall, Juyongguan Great Wall, Simatai Great Wall, Jinshanling Great Wall, Gubeikou Great Wall, Jiankou Great Wall are the other most favorite spots in the great wall of china.
There are many expensive and budgetary hotels in every spot around the place; the tourists can choose the best according to their affordability. The charges may be high in season time. So, tourists could plan their visit to the Great Wall of China accordingly.