Find great places to stay, eat, shop in Singapore
Night Safari Singapore
A journey of the expedition, thrill, and panic, especially on the dark nights in a lush forest zones will always be the epidemic. One such place you can strongly mark down in your travel destination list is “Singapore Night safari”. As you read the name itself reflects it is a NOCTURNAL trip. It would be a real enthralling trip when moving along with a family. (more…)
Where is Singapore Night Safari located?
A mix of amicable and ferocious Nigh Safari owns the pride of being the world’s first Nocturnal zoo occupied the adjacent rainforest next to the Upper Seletar Reservoir and Singapore zoo.
The Top night safari exhibits:
You can start up a great evening here. Going by tram to watch the animals and its nocturnal habitats, walking in the forest to observe the creatures’ intimate look will really be goose bumping. It is assured from tiny to majestic animals are encountered in the Night safari visit.
Sugar gliders: The small creatures hopping from tree to tree will never be missed at the start of Wallaby trials.
Asian Elephant: Chawang, the largest animal in night safari is found in the Tram ride, Asian Riverine Forest Section.
Malayan Tapir: The camouflage colored Malayan Tapirs are distinctive with white and black markings. These poor eyes sighted creatures depend on the smell sense for their food. The Asian Riverine Forest Section is their dwelling.
Malayan Tiger: Tourist can view the Malayan Tiger from the tram. People can enjoy watching the feeding session between 8.30 pm and 9.30 on Friday, Saturday and Public holidays evenings.
Facts about Night Safari Singapore:
- The Singapore nocturnal wildlife park was opened on 26th May 1994 after four years of planning and three years of building. The total cost spent to complete was $63 million.
- The Singapore Tourism Board honored and awarded Singapore Night safari under best attraction category for 12 times.
- Every year for an approximate 1.1 million visitors come here from various places in the world. Everyone feels a unique experience of seeing over 2500 animals and creatures in their night time habitats. Out of 130 species, 37% are considered are dangerous. The 35 hectares dense rainforest has been the dwell of all animals.
- Many fishing cats, clouded leopards, Malayan tigers, Asian lions, Asian elephant babies had born from the opening of the park. Sunda Pangolin – a mammal was born on 2010, Valentine’s Day and from the year onwards the Night Safari introduced the world’s first Sunda Pangolin Exhibition.
- The oldest living, 34 years old Malayan Tapir, MANIS had her little grandchild PUTRI last June.
- The night safari lighting has been designed to give a full moon appearance to the Forest, which was done by Simon Corder, a British Consultant.
What to do in the Night safari Singapore?
The fantastic elements should never be missed out in the Night safari.
Thumbuakar Fire Breathing Show:
The scintillating performance of real tribal fire eating show is hawking. Every 30 minutes once the performers appear on the stage and do heart throbbing events. The fire breathing show lasts for ten minutes and it will be a memorable experience to watch them with breathing furnacing fire and dancing. Thumbuakar Tribal dance is conducted in the Entrance Plaza and the scheduled show times are 6.45pm, 8pm and 9pm daily. An additional show is specially arranged at 10 PM on Friday, Saturday and Public holidays evenings.
Creatures of the Night Show:
Take your breath and go towards the amphitheatre to enjoy the animal show. The nocturnal animals are the main attraction of the premier show. About eight nightlife species are engaged with the tamers and they are spotted hyena, Python, Mongoose, Raccoon, Oriental Small-Clawed Otters, Serval, Binturong (Bearcat) and Small-Toothed Civet. The first show starts up at 7.30pm.
Are you tired by so many entertainments? But still, want to go for a regal night safari. Then run to tram where only limited seats are available. Enjoy seeing from Mammoth to the tiniest creatures by sitting in the tram. This 40 minute tram ride is available at every night with live commentaries and frequent stops and it is sure you can get a closer look at the animals. Though tram ride ticket is included with admission tickets, you may buy Tram ticket @ S$10 per head to hear commentaries in Mandarin, Japanese.
At any point of time, you will definitely enjoy walking on trails. The four popular trails are Wallaby Trail, Fishing Cat Trail, East Lodge Trail and Leopard Trail.
Lion and Tiger Token Feeding:
It is not guaranteed that it will happen and no extra fee is levied for the activity. The Tiger is fed at 8.30 and 9.30 P.M whereas at 8 and 9 P.M. Lion is fed. You can watch their eating through the glass doors.
Night safari Singapore tickets:
Night safari Singapore timing, the usual admission time slots for the Night Safari are 7.15pm, 8.15pm, 9.15pm and 10.15pm.
Night safari Singapore entry fee for adults @ $45, Child @$30, and Senior Citizen@$18
Best time for Night safari Singapore:
The nocturnal animals are more active from November to February. So, choosing the time between the months would avail you a pleasant Night safari tour experience.
Best days to visit Night safari Singapore:
Monday to Thursday will be the fine days to visit. Avoid weekends to escape from overcrowding.
Where to dine in Singapore Night Safari?
All retail shops and restaurants are open from 5.30 PM daily. Many Express foodies are available on the tram board. Traditional to costly delicacies are available for you. There are many accommodations available closest to the world popular Singapore Night Safari. Many budgetary, economic and star hotels are there for your choice.
Be choosy about your travel plan; accommodate yourself with necessary items to gear up the expedition. Have fun with safe, enjoy every moment with nature, and embellish your memories. Good Luck!!!!
Sentosa Island Singapore
Sentosa is a resort island which is away from 500 hectares off the south coast of Singapore. First, it was a fishing village and during the time it was occupied with military weaponry. It was a prisoner-of-war camp during the Japanese Occupation (1942-1945). It turned to resorts in the 1970s and it encompasses with theme parks, a casino, hotels, and residences now. The name Sentosa is from the Malay language which means peace and tranquility. The old name of this island was “Pulau Blakang Mati” means “‘Island of death from behind” in English. In 1972 the island had owned its present name of Sentosa. More than Singapore $420 million of private funding and government money had gone towards the development of the excellent tourist spot Sentosa Island. Sentosa Island is famous for the huge Resorts World which contains many things to do and see. (more…)
Facts about Sentosa Island:
- The Island got the name “Sentosa” in 1972 after the Singapore Government decided to develop this island into a holiday resort and entertaining place for local visitors and Sentosa Island Tourists.
- The island owns the pride of conducting ZoukOut, Asia’s biggest musical dance festivals in its Siloso Beach and Zouk (club) Singapore organizes the festival.
- Southeast Asia’s first Universal Studios theme park, Universal Studios Singapore is present in Sentosa Island which was opened on 18th March 2010
- Singapore Siloso Beach Countdown Party is hosted by the Sentosa Island’s Siloso Beach which starts at 6.00 PM of December 31st and lasts until 6.00 AM of January 1st of New Year.
- The S.E.A Aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa is the biggest oceanarium on the plant. There are 1, 00,000 sea creatures from 800 species dwell in 45 million liters of water. It is the world largest viewing panel that stands at 36m wide and 8.3 m height.
Other facts about Sentosa Island:
- Sentosa is full of wildlife. Around 70% of its land covered by secondary rainforest and it is a home to peacocks, monkeys, lizards etc., The butterfly park contains 15,000 kinds of butterflies and over 3000 species of insects live here.
- A team of cleaning professionals took 10 days to clean up the Merlion’s 37-meter tall status in 2012.
- Sentosa Island in just 5 Sq. Kilometers in size and it has been the fourth largest Island in size in the Singapore. Tourists can even walk to the island from the main island via the Sentosa Walkway.
- There are many travel ways around Sentosa Island and the main island of Singapore. The core travels are Sentosa Express Monorail, Sentosa Walkway, and Bus services.
Sentosa Island Tourism – attractive spots
It is a light and sound show on Sentosa Island hold the title of ‘the largest show animatronics show in the world’. Two steel cranes of about 30 meters tall move through a water jet to a kaleidoscope of color and emotive soundtrack music. This 10-minute visual show is conducted on every evening at 8.00 PM in an open air amphitheater with free of cost. There is no age restriction for the show. This place is just a few minutes’ walk from Waterfront MRT Station. There are plenty of drink and food stalls near the amphitheater.
In the latest Singapore’s attraction list Universal Studios Singapore has been added. This studio has seven sections with countless shows and all movies are major hits. The park’s seven sections are Sci-Fi City, New York City, Egypt, The Lost World and the Hollywood. This is the first theme park in Southeast Asia by Universal Studios Singapore. It sprawls on 24 hectares of land. Out of six hotels totally 1800 rooms are available for accommodation. The park contributes a part of the US$4.5 billion Resorts World Sentosa Development.
It is the world’s largest Aquarium. Full of marine life is displayed here attractively. The marine animals and species are delighting. The S.E.A. Aquarium is an awesome tourist spot to be prioritized in your Sentosa Island Tourism Visit. Hammerhead sharks, bottlenose dolphins, colorful fish, rays, and shark are amazing looks in the blue planet. The Aquarium is open from 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM daily. The last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
Resorts World Sentosa:
This is an integrated resort located on Sentosa Island. This would be the tourist first attraction soon after one lands up in Singapore. It is the home of hotels, restaurants, food courts, Trick Eye Museum, shops, and the biggest attractions are Adventure Cove Water Park, SEA Aquarium, Dolphin Island and Universal studios. Din Tai Fung restaurant’s Taiwanese dumpling chain is a more popular snack. You could enjoy shows, concert and free light shows in the evening time.
Adventure Cove Waterpark:
It is a great looking water park with water slides, kid water play areas, water-based obstacle course, waterslides and a river to tube around. There is also Dolphin Island Marine Life Park within its boundaries where visitors can wade with stingrays or play with dolphins. This place is with a lot of fun, would be the perfect picnic spot for families and kids. A big tree house for kids play and a toddler pool are available at the water park.
The Sentosa Merlion is about 37 meters tall and it is believed to shield the prosperity of Singapore. Here the tourists can collect prosperity coins, ring a prosperity bell and look out Singapore from the Merlion’s mouth.
Best time to visit Sentosa Island
The Singapore weather will not have a big change and the Sentosa Island tourism would be good round-the-year. Since most of the South Asian schools remain closed during June to July, November to December most of the people arrange for a family picnic trip at that time. Since it is an Island rain would be expected throughout the year.
Tips to accommodate in Sentosa Island:
There are plenty of lodges, hotels, restaurants, star and budgetary hotels available in and around Sentosa Island. Sunbath and Spa treatment are famous here. Expensive 5- star luxurious hotels and resorts are popular in Sentosa Island. Cheaper accommodation is also available in the island on a hill overlooking Siloso beach. Costa Sands Resort has a number of cottages and 15 kampung-like huts are available on a limited budget. It has been an exciting picnic place. Plan your trip to such a jaw-dropping and rejuvenating island.
Singapore Zoo Singapore
The Singapore zoo is formerly known as the “Singapore Zoological Gardens”. In 1973 it was inaugurated with a collection of about 300 animals from 70 species. The specific features of the zoo are it is situated on the cape of the Seletar Reservoir. Here the zoo exposes to an “Open concept” in which the animals are housed in open places landscaped to resemble their natural environment. It has become the home to about 2800 species out of which 26% are dangerous. Singapore zoo has been the best tourism spot in the world.
Thrilling facts about Singapore zoo
- About 1.7 million visitors visit each year
- It has been one of the best rainforest zoos in the world
- Its unofficial name is Mandai Zoo
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Goh Keng Swee officially opened the zoo on 27th June 1973.
- During 1974 a hippo known as ‘Congo’ escaped and evaded capture in the Upper Seletar Reservoir for 47 days.
- The zoo sprawls on 70 acres of land and it composes advanced designs. Being an open zoo, instead of cages animals play in the open landscape as their habitat. However, barriers such as moats and walls are there to preserve the visitors from such dangerous animals.
- Jurong Bird Park and Nigh Safari management integrated with Singapore zoo under Wildlife Reserves Singapore in the year 2000.
- Steve Irwin opened the zoo’s Australian outback in 2006
- Admission charges are S$33 (adult), S$22 (child aged 3 – 12 years), and S$15 (senior citizen aged 60 years & above)
- S$5 (adult), S$3 (child 3-12 years) are the tram ride charges
- Zoo opening hours will be 8.30am – 6.00pm daily
Do not miss to watch in Singapore zoo:
Polar Bear viewing show
In addition to normal feed to such marine mammals with an icy habitat, the zoo releases live fish for the bears to chase like they would be in a wildlife. Tourists can view the underwater gallery to see how it is graceful to see the white hairy beauties can be.
Elephants tend to have more affectionate interaction with their keepers, and the tourists can see the elephants working on its places. This shows how the giant mammals do have cooperation with their mahouts.
The reptile garden consists all cold-blooded animals, dangerous komodo dragons, marmosets, iguanas, and tortoises.
The Caribbean manatees, Californian sealion, jackass penguin, pelicans star are present in the show which do not only entertain the picnic people, but also educate them about the wildlife conservation and expose the dangers of marine animals to the people around the world.
In this tourism spot, you can enjoy seeing the world’s smallest to largest bats. The Malayan flying fox is one of the largest bats in the world and has a wingspan of up to 1.7 m. This tiny dog-faced fruit bat weighs around 30-100 grams. The bat show is present along with Mangrove walk.
This open night zoo concept exposes more than 900 nocturnal animals in their natural environment and it has been the popular tourists’ attraction in Singapore zoo. This world’s first night zoo was opened in 1994. It makes the visitors see more than 2500 nocturnal animals from 130 varieties of species after the dusk. It will definitely be a goose-bumping experience to all visitors. The night safari attracts more than one million people per year to have a night ride in the jungle. The 50 minutes tram ride takes you to a different world.
Wild Animal Carousel, Megabounce, Animal Friends Show, Rainforest Fights Back Show, Rainforest KidzWorld Wet Play area, Treetops Trail, Primate Kingdom, Gibbon Island, Free-Ranging Orangutans are the other sightseeing places in Singapore zoo.
Best time to visit Singapore Zoo
Singapore always remains hot and humid around the year.
- Feb-April: The months fall between summer and winter and plenty of outdoor activities are available.
- May – June: These are the hottest months. Probably most of the Asian people will visit here during the time, expected with full of crowd.
- July-September: July is the season for Great Singapore Sale and Singapore food festival. So when the tourists visit during the month, they can enjoy every facet of the Singapore.
- November-January: These are the wettest months and showers will be heavy.
This tourism spot encompasses best hotels, restaurants, spas, resorts, star hotels, and lodges for accommodation. However, you should enjoy the jungle breakfast with Orangutan. The award-winning breakfast program in “Ah Meng Restaurant” with sumptuous food items is really awesome. Don’t forget this picnic spot to enlist in your itinerary.
Jurong Bird Park Singapore
Jurong Bird Park is one of the most prominent bird sanctuaries with some of the largest free-flying aviaries in the world. It is being the home to the colors of the world and as the Asia’s largest bird park contains more than 5000 birds from 400 species. Jurong Bird Park is located at the west-end of Singapore and spread across 20.2 hectares. The park has one of the world’s largest waterfall aviaries which homes over 600 birds in a 30 meter high waterfall. The place contains flamingo Lake with hundreds of these blustering birds, and nearby Pelican Cove, with the world’s most complete collection of pelicans. (more…)
Interesting facts about Jurong Bird Park
- Dr. Goh Keng Swee (Late) was behind the concept of the bird park.
- S$3.5 million was spent to build the park and opened on 3rd January 1971.
- For S$10 million the park was upgraded during 2006. A new entrance plaza, bird hospital, restaurants added to the Bird Park.
- Currently Jurong Bird Park is being the world’s largest bird park in terms of number of birds and the second largest in terms of land area and number of species.
- There is a future plan that the Jurong Bird Park may be moved to Mandai to co-locate with the Singapore Zoo and other Wildlife Reserves Singapore properties.
- If the tourists want to celebrate the birthday, then they will get a free admission in Jurong Bird Park for celebration.
- The main attraction at Jurong Park include Dinosaur Descendants, Pelican cove (especially at feeding time), Flamingo Lake, African Waterfall Aviary, Hornbill and Toucans exhibit & Macaw Island.
- In this picnic spot you can enjoy your buffet lunch at the songbird terrace and you can enjoy your meal by watching the parrot show. Lunch is available from 12.30PM to 2.00PM and $25 for adult and $20 are the charges for buffet lunch. Since the parrot show starts at 1.00PM, note that the last seating is at 1.30PM
- In the world’s largest Lory Flight aviary, you can feed the Lories with a bowl of feed costs $3. During the Jurong Bird Park tourism, it is an extravagant experience.
- The entry ticket for an adult costs S$ 20, S$ 13 costs for children between 3 to 12 years.
- Kids may enjoy “Birdz of Play” an amazing wet play area with water slides, showers, fountains etc.,
- Though the park exhibits many bird shows, in “High Flyers Show” you can enjoy watching more than 100 birds perform amazing tricks.
- Have a lunch at the Jurong Bird Park by watching the beautiful Flamingos Lake during your Singapore tour.
Best time to visit Jurong Bird Park
This park is open for public visit from 8.30 AM to 6.00 PM. Early morning is the best time to watch the fantastic birds fly. June to August is the best time to visit Jurong Bird Park. During the season a humid climate with little rainfall, no hotness will be there. No local and school holidays during the months. So the tour will be happy with peace.
The most memorable places to watch out in Jurong Bird Park
Pelican cove: Jurong Bird Park boasts to have the world’s all eight pelican species. The dangerous Dalmatian Pelican weighing between 11kg and 15kg is also here. Great white, Gull, Australian pelicans are other varieties. It is the world’s first underwater viewing gallery for pelicans.
Waterfall Aviary: It is a 13 stories high and 2 hectares wide. Waterfall aviary is being a home to more than 600 free-flying birds. There is a wheelchair-friendly suspension bridge with a 30 meter high waterfall as the back drop. Do not miss to click photos here. The sound of cascading water adds enchanting view to the visitors.
Breeding & Research centre: BRC was incepted in 1988. This is the first time in 24 years the concerned allowed the public for viewing. By watching the BRC work, the tourists can have a better understanding about the concerned conservation efforts. Soon after the eggs arrive, till the hatching and post-hatching BRC preserv the birds safely. Avian keepers hand rear the eggs, hatching process everything here. The chicks and birds are fed with the healthy and strict diet by their keepers.
Lory loft, kings of skies show, Penguin coast, High flyers show, Dinosaur Descendants, Birdz of Play, Lunch with Parrots are must-watch places in Jurong Bird Park. When you plan for a Singapore trip, do not forget to include the beautiful place in your itinerary.
Where to board?
No doubts, there are huge number of hotels, restaurants, resorts, lodges and star accommodation available with facilities like spa, library, wifi, swimming pool etc., Fly to Singapore to watch the most beautiful world renowned bird park.
Supertree Grove Singapore
“Bringing the heaven on the earth” is accurate for Singapore Supertree Grove. The Gardens by the Bay is a natural park sprawling over 250 acres of land. The amazing three water gardens located in the place are Bay Central Garden, Bay South Garden, and Bay East Garden. The brilliant techno-garden contains Supertree Grove – a collection of gigantic cyborg trees and the Cloud forest along with the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. (more…)
Where is Supertree Grove located?
Supertree Grove is located in the Gardens by the bay. The National Parks Board of Singapore started the project to transform the Glory Garden city to the City with a slacked-jaw Garden. There are 12 enhanced trees which contain actual living plants through a steel base. The Supertree grove has Giant super trees and each Supertree grove height falls between 25-50 meters. To make the visitors for visiting at any time, the Super Trees have wide shades with bright lighting and soothing sound systems. The Supertree grove is being the home for 1,60,000 plants including 200 varieties of ferns, orchids, bromeliads, and tropical flowering climbers.
The unique trees are around the gardens where Twelve at the Supertree Grove and six at the Golden and Silver Gardens. The 128 meter OCBC skyway connects two super trees with the Supertree Grove. The Top Bistro at 50 meters high at the Supertree covers the Garden view as well as the surrounding Marina Bay.
The majestic Super trees contain four key parts:
- Supporting Concrete Core- Inner vertical structure that holds the Supertree
- Trunk – A steel frame is there to support the concrete core.
- Planting panels – Installed on the trunk for the planting of the living skin.
- Canopy –It is like an inverted umbrella which assembled via a hydraulic jack system
A short walk from the Super trees, there are a pair of climate controlling bio-domes. The Cloud Forest is a man made dome that spoofs the cool and moist conditions on top of the tropical mountains. A refreshing cool air gust welcomes the Singapore Supertree grove tourists, followed by the tallest indoor waterfall that rains water down from 115 ft above the floor level.
Cloud Forest Tickets are SG$28 (US$22.40) including flower dome access. Do not miss out this heck Supertree groove picnic experience.
Supertree grove light show
Every day evening there is a mesmerizing light and music program, and the Bay light show, Garden Rhapsody conducts it. Every evening Garden Rhapsody comes twice and Supertree grove light show times are the first show takes place at 7.45 pm and the second is at 8.45 pm. There is No TICKETS for the Supertree grove light show and the Tourists can enjoy the light show at free of cost. There are three places from where the people can watch the Bay light show. From the fringes of Supertree grove, under the Super trees, this makes the people in the midst of the music and light. The Gardens by the Bay Light show lasts for 15 minutes.
Supertree grove admission fee is split under different categories.
Local Resident Rate – Single Conservatory
- Adult: $12
- Senior Citizen (≥60 years old): $8
- Child (3-12 years old): $8
Local Resident Rate – Double Conservatories
- Adult: $20
- Senior Citizen (≥60 years old): $15
- Child (3-12 years old): $12
Standard Rate – Double Conservatories
- Adult: $28
- Child (3-12 years old): $15
There is no admission fee levied for outdoor gardens.
OBSC Skyway Charges:
- Adult: $8
- Senior (≥60 years old): $8
- Child (3-12 years old): $5
There are Garden cruiser services available such as Shuttle Service, Outdoor Garden Audio Tour and Auto Rider.
Supertree groove dining:
Tourists can enjoy sumptuous delicacies with cocktails, win, beer and beverage. Whether it is Alfresco rooftop bar or dining in the chilling air-conditioned lounge, it is definitely a bind-blowing experience by munching the steaks and viewing Singapore’s cityscape.
Supertree grove designer:
The Grant Associates with a team of Engineers Atelier One (structures) and Atelier Ten (environment) hold the pride of designing such a mind blowing and eye catching Supertree Grove.
Supertree Grove Interesting facts:
- The Garden by the Bay was inaugurated in 2012 and the same year it won the World Building of the Year award at World Architecture Festival. Besides, The Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome bagged the Best display building award.
- Among the three gardens, Bay South Garden is the largest garden which occupied 5, 40,000 Sq.m. All the 18 Supertrees are in the South Bay.
- All the 11 Supertrees are implanted with environmentally sustainable functions. Some have photovalvic cells to illuminate the trees at night time. The other trees are with the Cooling Conservatories, serve as air exhaust container.
- During the garden of construction, around $7 million dollar was set up to study the most effective methods for blooming the foreign flowers.
- The 6 glass houses are there to stimulate the apt climatic condition for the natural plants and flowers growth.
- The Gardens by the Bay received 20 million visitors in the year 2015.
The Best time to visit Singapore Supertree grove
Tourist rush to Singapore Supertree grove all over the year. However, the best time to visit the Gardens by the Bay is between 4-5 pm.
There is always a huge crowd at 7.45, 8.45 PM, i.e. in the “Garden Rhapsody show”. This is the peak hour in the place. Many of the tourists plan their itinerary as visiting the Flower Dome, the Cloud Forest before the sunset, during the sunset going for a skywalk, loitering around the Outdoor gardens and finally waiting to watch the light & music show.
Where to board in Supertree grove?
It is time for you not only to enjoy the Singapore Supertree Grove Picnic, but also to rest and eat yummy delicacies. You may find out various kinds of Restaurants, Hotels, and Luxury Star Hotels for your accommodation. Besides, satiating taste buds, you may relax in the pleasant atmosphere with Singapore Spas, Singapore massage, rejuvenating therapies. While planning your Supertree grove Itinerary, book your accommodation to avoid the final hour rush.
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
Marina Bay Sands is a must-see destination in Asia and contributed to increasing business and tourism in Singapore. The integrated resort faces Marina Bay in Singapore. The Singapore Government decided to build the Island’s first integrated resort in late 2004. The Las Vegas Sands Corporation won the bid to build Marina Bay Sands. The construction of Art science Museum, Marina Bay Sands hotel, Shops by the bay entirely changed the look of Singapore in just three years. CEO of Marina Bay Sands Mr. Adelson estimated S$7.5 billion expense to complete the complex within three years, but the total cost for the completion was S$8 billion. (more…)
Leading details about Marina Bay Sands
- Mr. Moshe Safdie designed the resort
- The land sprawls 560,000 square meters of cultivated land.
- 16,000 workers worked to construct all of the buildings including Art Science museum, the shopping mall, and the two floating platforms.
- For the sake of increasing its efficiency, Mr. Adelson built the management and project offices onsite and the world’s largest on-site canteen.
- After crossing down major economic and labor problems, in April 2010 the Marina Bay Sands hotel had an official opening.
- The site encompasses world’s most expensive standalone casino property.
- MBS contributes the tourism revenue of S$703 million in the last quarter of 2015
- It contains 55 floors, 2561 rooms and suites, 6 expo halls, 250 meeting rooms and the largest ballroom in south Asia.
- The top floor swimming pool holds 1423314.83 liters of water.
- Waku Ghin, the most expensive restaurant in MBS. The meal costs S$400 per person, Champagne starts from S$50 per glass, along with service charges.
- The bets in the casino at VIP Baccarat table begin at S$500 with a maximum of S$750,000. The recorded huge loss was a $400,000 single bet by a Singapore rag-and-bone man on a single card. The largest atrium casino contains 500 tables and 1,600 slot machines.
Other facts about Marina Bay Sands
- MBS has the world’s largest elevated swimming pool with a 146-meter vanishing edge and 191 meters above the ground. This highest roof top pool is three times the size of the Olympic pool. Get your picnic dip here.
- The convention center in Marina Bay Sand could accommodate up to 45,000 people in a space of 1,200,000 square feet
- There are approximately 300 retail and Food & beverage outlets in the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
- The Grand Theater and Sands Theater contain 2155 and 1680 seats.
- The largest light and water show is an eye-catching exhibit in Southeast Asia
- The sky park is in the shape of cruise
Best spots to see in MBS
Marina Bay Sands Casino
Singapore Marina Bay Sands is a part of the mega $5.5 billion resort project Marina Bay Sands Hotel was opened in 2010. This is more than just a hotel and casino. This is the top entertainment destination in Southeast Asia. The copious 15,000-square-metre casino features 500 gaming tables, 1600 jackpot machines as well as more than 30 private gaming rooms. The guests can see an amazing chandelier (decorative light) in the entrance. It is the world’s largest light which contains more than 30,000 Swarovski crystals and weighing nearly seven tons. Visitors can visit Marina Bay Sands Casino at any time.
Art science Museum
This is like an outstretched hand or even a bunch of bananas. The ArtScience Museum sits on the waterfront in the shadow of Marina Bay Sands. Both children and adult tourists visit here to explore their educational, art and science knowledge. There is an amazing gallery on the bayside walkway of the popular Marina Bay Sands Hotel. There are six objects focused in the multimedia room that helped to shape the world today including Leonardo Da Vinci’s flying machine, both a work of art and forward thinking scientific concept. At the peak of the building, there is an “Expression”, a cinematic presentation emphasizing a few great accomplishments of both art and science, including flights, robots, maps, and buildings. The Art science Museum is open from 10.00 AM to 10 PM. (The last admission at 9.00 PM).
Marina Bay Sands Sky park
Marina Bay Sands Sky Park has been one of the most popular attractions in Singapore since its inception. Entrance fee for adults starts at S$20 and discounts are available for children and senior citizens. The best time to come to the Sky Park is early evening so that the tourists get to see Singapore by both day and night and even enjoy the sunset. The opening hours are 9.30 AM to 10. 00 PM (until 11.00 PM on weekend).
Gardens by the Bay, Merlion, Singapore Flyer, Singapore F1 Grand Prix, Marina Bay Golf Course, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, Flower Dome, Kenko Reflexology and Fish Spa, Banyan Tree Spa Marina Bay Sands, Grand Theater, Marina Bay Sands Skating Rink are the best tourism spots in and around Marina Bay Sands.
The best time to visit Marina Bay Sands
Throughout the year is the good season to visit Marina bay sands. A lot of festivals such as Christmas, ZoukOut, and Marina Bay Singapore Count will be conducted here from November to June.
Great Singapore Sale and the Singapore Food Festival welcoming tourists around the globe, events such as The Hungry Ghost Festival, The National Day, Mid-Autumn Festival and the Grand Prix Singapore will be celebrated in Monsoons. So these months would be the best time to visit Marina Bay Sands. You can see your planned picnic spot as well as enjoy other events.
Where to stay?
As usual as other places, Marina bay sands itself encompasses many hotels, spas to stay and relax, but a bit costly. There are many budgetary hotels, resorts, lodges and rooms available to accommodate and enjoy the tour at Marina Bay Sands. Do not let out this finest place to visit during your Singapore tour.