Find great places to stay, eat, shop in Agra India
Taj Mahal Agra India
The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum. It was constructed during 1631 to 1653 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his favourite wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is the epitome of Mughal art and one of the most famous buildings in the world.
- Taj Mahal has become a symbol of Love.
- It is one of the 7 wonders of the world.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- People selected it on 2007 and it was declared a winner of the New 7 Wonders of the World.
- This tourist place attracts 7 to 8 million visitors a year.
Location of Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal is located in Indian city Agra, Uttar Pradesh at the south bank of the Yamuna river.
Climate at Taj Mahal
- The climate at Taj Mahal will have Biting cold winters with temperatures dropping to 37°F (3°C).
- Summer temperature can shoot to 116°F (47°C). Sometimes we can witness severe dust storms on summers.
- Mild winters begin as early as mid October and last up to March. December and January are the coldest months.
- Agra climate during Summers are long and last from April to July. May and June are the hottest months.
- Monsoon generally hits Agra sometime in July.
Favorite time / When to visit Taj Mahal
As said above the period between October to March is generally considered a best / favorite time to visit this tourist spot. The full beauty of the Taj Mahal can be witnessed during the full moon night in October and tourists usually flock to Agra to see the Taj under the moonlight.
Taj Mahal visiting hours
- Visiting hours starts at Sunrise and ends at Sunset. This Tourist place will be open on all weekdays except Friday.
- Five nights in a month will be allowed for night viewing of Taj Mahal. The actual night of the full moon, two days before the night of the full moon and two days after the night of the full moon. This is excluding Fridays and the month of Ramadan.
When not to visit Taj Mahal Closed
Tourists are requested not to visit this tourist place on Friday because one of the wonders of the world “The Taj Mahal” will remain closed.
Entry Fees to visit Taj Mahal (Inclusive of ASI and ADA fees)
- Foreign tourist entry fees – Rs.1000/-
- Entry fees for Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries – Rs.530/-
- Domestic / Indian entry fees – Rs.40/-
- No Entry fee for children below the age of 15 years. (both Domestic and Foreigner)
Monument Taj Mahal Night viewing fees
- Adult (Indian) Night viewing fees – Rs.510/-
- Night viewing fees for Adult (Foreigner) – Rs.750/-
- Child (3 to 15 years) Night viewing fees – Rs.500/-
Hotels, Spas and Restaurants near Taj Mahal
Will visiting tourist places alone fulfill our tour? A Big No. A fine stay in a good hotel, tasting the local famous foods and having a mind and body relaxation in a Spa will fulfill our tour goal. Plan your trip. Happy tour wishes from GlobalTouristSpots Team.